Allcam Support Forum
October 15, 2018, 03:47:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hits4All 70's 80's and 90's Music  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Experienced Newbie from California here  (Read 131 times)
guyclark

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

View Profile Email
« on: March 26, 2018, 07:01:16 PM »

Hi, Everyone!

I have been active in the TVRO hobby since 2002 when I got my first C/Ku band dish (2.1m).  Since then, I've added a 2.8m and a 3m C/Ku dish to my "farm" plus a couple of Ku only dishes.  With these, I receive most what television I have time to watch. 

Having started with Analog TV, I quickly branched out to DVB TV, but in 2002-3 I wasn't very happy with the quality of the TV images or programming.  Over the 15 years (!) or so that I've been doing this, I've been very happy to see the quality improve, and have continued to get better and better receivers. 

After getting my first real HD receiver (a GeoSatPro microHD) I got a Vu+ Solo 4k which I think is a really good receiver.  I've updated the software to Black Hole, and then updated that a few times with no problems until the last time, about a month or so ago, when it started overwriting previously recorded material.  At the same time, the timezone wouldn't update properly.  In the process of researching these problems, I discovered this site, along with a couple of other alternative software packages for this receiver.

My plan is to continue experimenting with different software, now that I've bought a second Solo 4K (which currently has the factory software).  I hope to learn a lot about these alternative software packages, and be able to help others as I learn.

Thanx for having me as a member!

Guy Clark
Los Gatos, California, USA
magictrance
Administrator
Allcam Forum God

Thank You
-Given: 416
-Receive: 2120

We Are ready for the Future for every CUlture

https://twitter.com/magic
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 03:08:16 PM »

Welcome onboard by us and have nice time with this great Hobby

Gigablue HD Quad - VU Plus Duo,  Diablo 2 Cam,   VisioSat BIGSAT astra 1, 2, 3, en Hotbird, Cas Interface 3, Conceptronic CH3SNAS, Popcornhour A-400
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: